Friday, April 13, 2018

What is this blog on?

When it comes to stories, I am a typical geek, and by that, I mean I highly enjoy a fantasy/supernatural setting. Most of the stories we've read in class, while they were good reads, didn't really focus on this theme and setting. However, Godfather Death, a story we read towards the beginning of the semester, greatly intrigued me. The author(s) of the this story were none other then the Grimm Brothers. Most of the Grimm Brothers stories, while aren't high fantasy, still have some elements of fantasy in them. In fact, in my senior year of high school, my English teacher briefly spoke of the Grimm Brothers whilst on the topic of old German folk stories.


Many children's fairy tale stories and Disney movies use the Grimm Brother's stories for reference, but they tend to leave out the horribly violent aspects of the stories (which I will cover in a following post). Another small reason is that a set of characters in Dragon Ball Z, a series I am fond of, get their names directly from an incantation shown in Cinderella.

No comments:

Post a Comment