Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Class Reflection

Throughout all my years in education, I've always enjoyed reading stories in English class. Even when the reading is hard or simply not interesting, I still enjoy the subject. I enjoy breaking a scene or character down to it's bare essentials and finding themes within stories. The stories that we read this semester were rather. "The Cask of Amontillado" and "Oedipus" are the stories I enjoyed the most, reading and writing about. My views of literature have changed, and I have most definitely learned that any type of story is worth reading. I have also learn to appreciate author's more. I enjoyed learning how Emily Dickinson has thousands of unpublished poems, and the mysterious death of Edgar Allan Poe

The class itself was rather difficult, in my opinion. I had outside sources effecting my work ethic and at home projects, but I attempted to work past that. I did struggle at some points, more specifically, the two essays, and even this final blog. I was originally very worried about how I was going to handle this, but once I found a topic I wanted to center it on, my anxiety lessened. With the blog, I was able to present my ideas in my own way, and was given the liberty to add my own connections to certain points in my blog.

A small qualm I have this class, more specifically, online. All of my other professors use blackboard, except my English professors. The college supplied professors and students with a site that functions well and is used for updates on classes and grades, and I don't understand why some professors neglect to use it. The blog accomplishes the same thing as Blackboard, without the grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment